Sunday, July 15, 2007

Vienna & Salzburg



Vienna and Salzburg are postcard like beautiful. Much like myself.
This picture is of Salzburg, which after walking the old streets and seeing all the shops was like going back in time. We spend the evening in a pub watching the USA vs. Austria under 20 World Cup game. The bar was packed, 90% Americans. We lost but was a very good time.

The Bouncer was named "Elvis" A Gigantic man with a buzzcut than ended with a Elvis like top and huge sideburns. He was Austrian, but spoke excellent english. A touch like AHRNOLD but more spitting. The night was filled with many stories of Americans throwing up in the bar because they "can't drink for shit." He did say we were always very polite though. His one trip to America and what did he do... Route 66. I think Germans/Austrians think more about Route 66 than Americans do. I then met the owner, who after talking to me awhile says I can come back and be a bouncer there when I learn German. Elvis had four huge rings on his right hand that spelled
"K I N G" classic night.

4 comments:

Seven Dollar Bill said...

You're pissed about that bouncer ripping your jewelry idea, aren't you? I can see the contempt written all over that post.

Salzburg is stupid-gorgeous...nice picture.

Steve said...

The KING rings were legendary.
All good ideas are stolen and improved upon, look at everything the US does.
Ordering my rings tonight!

Unknown said...

If a club wants to hire an Elvis impersonator, they should bring in the singer from Dread Zeppelin. He's fucking hilarious.

Steve said...

Dread Zeppelin may be the greatest band ever put together. I have seen them live at the HOB, outF'ingStanding